Sunday, May 2, 2010

Social Networking

http://www.whatissocialnetworking.com/



Social Networking is very important in todays society, it allows us to do things and communicate with more people on a daily basis, and mostly everyone takes part in social networking in some form or fashion. Social Networking is very beneficial.


Of course the most popular social networking site today is Facebook. Almost all of my friends and basically everyone that I know is on Facebook. Personally I am not on Facebook but just because I am not subscribed to it doesn't mean that i don't use it or know how. But my favorite of all the Social Networking sites would have to be Skype because you can instant message and video chat and the video chat is like the coolest thing ever because no matter where you are or where the person is you want to chat with you can video chat with them and see them so its kind of like you are talking to them in person. Also MySpace is a pretty large social networking site because before Facebook everyone used to be on MySpace and just to show an example of how these sites can be helpful I found one of my cousins on MySpace almost two years ago that at that point and time I had not talked to for like five or six years.

Also just some interesting stats that I found on the internet is that on November 3, 2008, the day before the Unites States Presidential Election, Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama had 2,379,102 Facebook supporters while Republican candidate John McCain had 620,359 and Barack Obama had 833,161 MySpace friends and John McCain had 217,811 friends. As you can see Social Networking is very important and it allows you an opportunity to promote yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment